Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), Bangladesh under the Ministry of Commerce is a government agency of the country, entrusted with the responsibilities of promoting export of the country. It is mainly responsible for:
- Coordinating export development efforts at different sectors and production levels;
- Formulating and adopting of policy and program for active promotion of exports;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating national export performance and analyzing export trends;
- Carrying out promotional activities in product development & expansion of supply side capacity ;
- Exploring markets of exportable's abroad;
- Collecting and disseminating trade information to the stakeholders;
Organizing participation in international trade fairs abroad;
- Imparting training for HRD ;
- Conducting studies, surveys, research etc. for expansion and diversification of export and Administering and monitoring of RMG quota.
EPB also assists the Ministry of Commerce in formulating policies related to export of the country.
WHAT IS THE PRESENT STRUCTURE OF EPB
Export Promotion Bureau functions with its Head Office in Dhaka. It has 3 regional offices in Chittagong, Khulna and Rajshahi. In addition, there are 3 branch offices at Sylhet, Comilla and Narayangonj.
1. The Head Office of EPB consists of the following Divisions/Cell :
(i) Policy and Planning Division.
(ii) Commodities Development Division.
(iii) Information Division.
(iv) Fairs and Display Division.
(v) Administration and Finance Division.
(vi) Textile Cell.
2. In addition, one more Division and a Cell have been created through in house arrangement. These are:
(i) Statistics and Research Division.
(ii) Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Cell